Beter Bed Holding continues sales growth with +15.6% in first half year of 2022 and forms manufacturing joint venture in Poland
22 July 2022
Beter Bed Holding N.V. (BBH) – the Netherlands’ leading sleep specialist in retail, wholesale and B2B – today announced its results for the second quarter and first half year ended 30 June 2022.
Highlights first half 2022
- Sales growth of +15.6% to € 112.4 million (H1 2021: € 97.2 million) with gross profit increase of +12.6% to € 61.2 million.
- Continued performance with Compound Annual Growth Rate over H1 2019 to H1 2022 (CAGR) of +9.5% in sales and +9.7% in order intake.
- EBITDA and EBIT of respectively € 13.7 million and € 3.7 million, in line with same period last year.
- Online sales CAGR of +38.7% since 2019, leading to online channel share of 19.7%.
- Strong performance of New Business with +13.5% sales growth compared to H1 2021.
- Order book at € 19.4 million (-24.1% compared to 30 June 2021).
- DBC signs agreement with the French Adova Group to get the exclusive right to sell the Simmons brand (Generation collection) in the Netherlands and the Flemish part of Belgium.
- Binding memorandum of understanding signed with long-standing suppliers to acquire 33.3% interest in Polish bedding and mattresses factory.
- Newly developed supply chain network strategy to support the 2025 medium-term objectives.
Download the full press release:20220722 BBH 2022 Condensed interim consolidated financial statements (232.7kb)