Beter Bed Holding outperforms markettrends with strong online growth during mandatory lockdown in Q1 2021
16 April 2021
- Q1 sales amounted to € 48.0 million as a result of mandatory store closures largely offset by strong growth in online sales and excellent performance in Belgium, Sweden and at DBC.
- Impressive performance of online channel due to ongoing investments; online sales accelerated by 252.4% to € 19.7 million, amounting to 41% of total sales.
- Order book on 31 March amounted to € 18.8 million, up 13.4% versus last year. Like-for-like order intake decreased by 14.0% over the first quarter mainly as a result of mandatory store closures.
- Since stores have been reopened for ‘shopping by appointment’ (3 March) order intake has grown by 60.8% over March 2021 compared with a year earlier.
- Well-positioned to benefit from further market growth on the back of increased attention for the role of sleep in well-being.
Download the full press release:20210416 Trading update Q1 2021 (0.64Mb)